My YouTube

Saturday 8 September 2007

New gaming technology Logitech G15 v2

Well the other day I recieved an email from logitech informing me of the revamped g15 gaming keyboard, Considering I already have the first version of the G15 and the logitech G5, I was pretty impressed when I saw the actual items, so lets start with the G15. the keyboard looks more streamlined that what the origina keyboard does. What logitech has done to improve the appearance of this fine keyboard is they have sacrificed the flipdown lcd screen which also covered the global media keys, as what they have now done is circulated the media keys around the lcd screen. which can be seen here as opposed to it's predecessor which had a more chunky look. The only downside on this keyboard is the fact that it still only supports usb 1.1 which is very much the same with the original G15. The drivers that come with the keyboard allow you to predefine any macro's for any online game that you play, which is handy especially for mmporgs such as WoW. Another thing I like especially with the new keyboard's lcd screen is the magma orange contrast that it uses for the characters in the lcd screen. which makes it a lot more easier to view the text on your lcd at night in the dark, whilst the keyboard uses the same colors as the colored text on your lcd screen. For comfort you still get the palm rest which is quite handy, especially if your a speed typer like myself or play games for a large amount of time.(just remember to take the occasional break from your computer as its bad for your eyes sitting infront of your monitor for a large length of time.)

I will update this post once I obtain one of these spanking new keyboards, and run a full comparison check against the original G15.

0 comments: